Lomond offers the opportunity to good quality regional businesses to sell into one of our regional partnership businesses. The benefit of selling to Lomond is that you would be selling to a well-respected regional partnership brand, to a management Team that understands your region and to a group with a focus on caring for both your clients and staff during the transfer and beyond, as well as maximising returns to you as a vendor. A significant number of business owners will decide to sell their business in the short term due to the following reasons:-
- change in personal circumstances, including retirement, illness, divorce or a desire to have a change of career;
- introduction of further compliance / regulation threatening the economics of smaller businesses;
- underlying threats to current income levels which smaller businesses are dependent on in such areas as tenant fees;
- introduction of new business models offering end to end services proposition – harder to deliver by smaller players;
- opportunity to take advantage of the multiples available in the market due to current appetite of Consolidators to acquire Lettings and Estate Agency businesses;
- opportunity which currently exists to exit value of the business at beneficial tax rates due to availability of entrepreneur’s relief.